This is my time of year to…well…hole up in my house and relax. The thoughts, the ideas, the plans for 2013…they are all a brewin. But, those are for later. Right now, it’s time for a little fun. Time to give stuff away. That’s what happens when I hibernate too much in the winter.
What’s the contest? The contest is easy. Just “like” my Facebook page and then vote for your favorite image from 2012 (both done in the entry form below). I have pulled my favorite image from each of my 2012 shoots and put them on a board on Pinterest. Head over to my “Best of 2012″ board on Pinterest by clicking HERE, find your favorite image, and enter the number of the image below for one entry. You can earn extra entries by completing any of the options below your vote entry.
What’s the prize? Well, that’s the trick. There are a FEW prizes :) There will be two winners and they have their choice of either a mini session with me, or a two hour mentoring session with me (online or in person). ANNNNNND, a third winner will be chosen…the image that receives the most votes. So, if you were photographed by me in 2012, get your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, and dog to vote for your chance to win one of the two prizes above!
So, yes, THREE prizes are up for grabs!
*Contest ends January 30th at 3 pm EST. Winners will be chosen randomly (except image with most votes automatically wins). The more entries and votes, the better chance to win!
*Mini sessions include a 30-45 minute session and 20 images on a disc.
*A session can be won and given to someone else of winner’s choosing.
*All sessions must take place before May 31st, 2013.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
After a year of workshops on the road, we are super excited to announce that we are bringing our workshop back to Michigan in 2013! Registration is open for our May 24th-25th workshop. Head on over to the workshop website to get the details, ask a question, or register!!
P.S. There are only seven seats left, so hurry on over (20 seats total)!!
P.S.S. Register before February 16th, and you will receive the $100 early bird discount on the main day or main and lighting days.
P.S.S.S. Payment plans are available
P.S.S.S.S. I am not as obnoxious in person as I am in my blog posts.
A few favorites from the kids shooting portion of our workshop in North Carolina last year…
When we moved to Michigan a little over five years ago and I was just trying to get my business up and going, this was one of the first families I met. They were one of my very first supporters, and have been supporting and spreading the word ever since. Even more lucky for me, they just happen to be amazing and wonderful people and the three daughters are beeeaauuutiful. After sister sessions and high school graduation sessions, we move right into weddings! Big, huge congratulations, Scott and Caitlin…your day was amazing.
Cake - Pastry Palace
Band - Dan Rafferty Band
Caterer – Dearborn Inn, Marriott
Wedding Coordinator – Emerald City
Dress – Bella Bridal
Nothing like starting the day off with a lovely pair of Badgley Mischkas :)
Dancing just happens to run through this family, and she’s got the legs to prove it
Love, love, love.
The three beautiful sisters mentioned previously…
After the ceremony, we headed over to the Henry Ford Estate. WOW, that place was a dream come true.
This bridal party was SO much fun!
Mmmmm, one of my very favorites.
This wedding made me realize that I am kind of obsessed with dead trees. I love the barren, negative space and muted colors…
Caitlin, you are STUN-NING.
Oh, hey Dearborn Inn, you made the most BEAUTIFUL reception venue. Thank you for that :)
UPDATE: THE CHIC RETREAT IS SOLD OUT!
Hey, hey! Just passing along a super awesome opportunity for your photographers out there. The Chic Retreat is taking place May 1-4 in Seattle, and I am THRILLED to be a speaker! Come play with us in Seattle :)
Chic Retreat website: www.chiccritiqueforum.com/retreat
What’s happening at the Chic Retreat?
- 8 top photographers sharing their juiciest secrets
- A private one-on-one photo critique with one of our Speakers (15 minutes)
- 2 of Seattle’s most creative Event Planners planning this workshop. You’ll be in Pinterest Heaven every.single.day.
- Seattle’s most popular places including Ride the Duck & Pikes Place Market
- A photo scavenger hunt in Pikes Place Market
- An Elegant Dinner Soiree
- A Limo ride
- A modern meeting venue in the heart of downtown Seattle
- Catered meals featuring Seattle’s finest food (one meal per day)
- Scrumptious snacks and sweets
- Daily Swag Bags
- Over $1000 in Giveaways
- A morning fun run on the boardwalk (optional)
- A Mini Trade Show featuring our Speaker’s favorite products
- Get featured in Chic Magazine in the Retreat Review
- Personal headshots photographed by some of our Speakers
- A live newborn shoot
- A unique, hands-on Off-Camera Flash presentation (bring a flash)
- An interactive Photoshop presentation (bring a laptop)
- See a mock sales presentation & consultation in action
- Styled sessions with a variety of gorgeous models including a boat & a bride, newborns, kids, seniors, families, couples
- Photo shoot rotations with our Speakers sharing what’s in their bag, camera settings, posing tips, smile tricks, as they shoot
- Shooting opportunities for the attendees to photograph models during the styled shoots after the Speakers have shared their shooting secrets
They’ve already sold a ton of seats with their VIP Early Enrollment so don’t wait to sign up because they will sell out soon. SAVE $150 on intro pricing. INTRO PRICING ENDS DECEMBER 11TH!